What is the Odyssey Handplane?
The Odyssey Handplane was designed by surfers for eco-conscious wave lovers across the globe be it a lifestyle, an addiction or a healthy outdoor activity. This hand board allows for full body contact making the user at one with the wave in the purest of ways! Whether your first time catching a wave or a pro looking for the next tube to ride, this Handplane packs some serious fun – if speed, long rides and good vibes is what you’re looking for. As if that wasn’t enough, our Odyssey Handplane is made from 100% recycled marine plastic!
Why choose the Odyssey Handplane?
An estimated 13million tons of plastic ends up in our ocean each year, the equivalent of tipping a dustbin lorry into the ocean every minute. Once lost, this plastic will persist for at least 450 years in the marine environment. Our mission is to recover and recycle as much of this plastic as possible. We do this by capturing this plastic and transforming it into sustainable lifestyle products for you to enjoy.
This Handplane alone contains the equivalent of approx. 129 bottle tops.
Features & Attributes
- Handles well in all conditions
- Boasts an ultra slim design for superior paddling freedom and increased speed
- Concave underside optimised for further lift, hold and speed
- Comes with a fully adjustable one size fits all comfy 3mm neoprene hand straps system and wrist leash
- Portable and lightweight
- High quality injection moulded manufacture
- 100% recycled marine plastic collected through odyssey Innovation’s Net Regeneration Scheme
- 100% recyclable through our Marine Regeneration Scheme
- Carbon neutral
- Locally made in the South West, UK
- Made from Odyssey Innovation’s Neo Re-Prene Wetsuit Recycling Initiative
- No proficiency required
- Supports behavioral change amongst the fishing community by inspiring a ‘waste to resource’ attitude
- Supports behavioural change amongst consumers and retailers by offering a unique, circular economy designed product.
(Please note, This is a recycled product and colours may vary slightly from the pictures)
Photos of the Odyssey Handplane in action: